Finding Bliss with Bob Thurman & The One You Feed Podcast
September 10, 2021
The One You Feed podcast uses the parable of two wolves at battle within us as a jumping-off point for meaningful discussions about how to live skilfully amidst life’s inherent challenges.
Each week on The One You Feed podcast, the show’s host, Eric Zimmer, talks with experts such as scientists, authors, researchers, psychologists, thought leaders, spiritual teachers, and public figures about how listeners can act their way into a better, more fulfilling life.
In this episode, Bob and Eric discuss his book, Wisdom is Bliss: Four Friendly Fun Facts That Can Change Your Life. In This Interview, Bob Thurman and I Discuss How to Find Bliss and:
- How our civilization is based on fear
- The wisdom in the bliss view is that reality is good and that you get back what you put into it.
- The Four Friendly Fun Facts he renamed from the four noble truths
- How altruism strengthens our sense of self-worth
- To be noble means you become more “we” oriented than “me” oriented
- The deepest level of reality is love, abundance, energy
- First Friendly Fact is to take responsibility to understand our ultimate reality or we will suffer
- Second Friendly Fact is the diagnosis- to understand that we are not the center of everything
- Third Friendly Fact is the prognosis or needing to unlearn and opening ourselves to what we really are
- Fourth Friendly Fact is the “therapy” or the eightfold path of how we can open our own minds to find freedom and bliss
- Our tendency to see things as absolute rather than relative
- Investigation is the real practice of Buddhism and meditation is a tool
- Realistic mindfulness is noticing what’s going on in the real world
- The three types of wisdom are born of learning, unlearning, and freedom